Monday, September 6, 2010

Holidays 2009: Part 3 Christmas Eve & Morning

Christmas Eve morning Bryan went in to work for a few hours, so Brooks and I decided to make a few goodies.  Cookies for Santa and Reindeer Chow were on the agenda.  He chose the slice & bake Christmas tree cookies at the grocery store, which was fine by me.  I made chili to have for dinner after the Christmas Eve service.  We had a great day together as a family!!  One of my favorite things about being a parent is seeing the magic of the holidays through the eyes of a child.

Recipe for Reindeer Chow:
6 C Crispix cereal
1/4 C peanut butter
1/2 pkg milk chocolate chips
powdered sugar
In saucepan, heat chocolate chips until almost melted.
Add peanut butter and finish melting together.  Pour over cereal.  Stir until cereal is coated, then pour in large Ziploc with powdered sugar.  Shake until cereal is coated.  Pour into large bowl to cool.
Enjoy!!


Shaking it up!!

About to indulge
He was so excited
Eating like a reindeer...no hands!!
Dressed &and ready for Christmas Eve service.  I love this pic of them.
My sweet, sweet boy
In our jammies, cookies & milk for Santa, and treats for the reindeer
Reindeer food(hay) that Brooks put together at school 
Goodies from Santa...went for the stocking first!!
Excited little boy, I love his candy cane jammies.
Then, we headed upstairs to the playroom for his big surprise, a train table.
Love the conductor hat
I thought his serious expression was so sweet.  He wanted all of the trains to stay connected to each other!!

1 comments:

jen. said...

I'm in love w/ this post! Thanks for sharing the recipe for reindeer food, we are so making that! :-)
Are presents from Santa not wrapped?
Is that a rolling suitcase for traveling? I'm thinking I might get one for Will/Molly before christmas...
That train table is AWESOME!!! I keep saying I want to get more of the interactive pieces for Will, he has mostly just track. And the conductor hat is key. :-)