Monday, April 14, 2008

Haggard Family Reunion

Last weekend, Brooks and I went back to my parents to attend the Haggard Family Reunion. This is my mom's side of the family and we haven't gotten together in about ten years. There were around 75 people there and I hate to say that I had no idea who half of them were. I spent the afternoon chasing a 2 year old around and didn't get to do much visiting. We had fried catfish, french fries, hushpuppies, coleslaw, and several yummy deserts. (If you don't know what catfish or hushpuppies are, it is a southern thing and you are missing out if you haven't tried them!!) Speaking of..the first pic is of an Italian Cream Cake that was to die for!! Why must deserts be fattening..couldn't there just be something that is absolutely yummy with zero calories or fat grams????











Sinful...





Two remaining Haggard brothers: My Uncle Rudy and the sweetest man I know "my Papa" George Haggard (red shirt).


My mom's brother Mitchell and his daughter Lacey
My mom's other brother Dale and his nieces: myself, Lacey, and Tonya
My family..you can't see Brooks, he's hiding behind my Papa



The fish fryers..our cousin Munsey, my dad, and uncle Dale..sorry it's so dark
My grandparents, Aunt Thelma & Uncle Rudy, Aunt Snooks

Playing golf in the back of Poppa's truck




Brooks was so tired after playing at Baba and Poppa's Friday and then the reunion on Saturday that he slept the entire way home...over 3 hours!!


Proof to why he's worn out when we leave "the country":
He wakes up at the crack of dawn and plays outside the entire time we are there...

Playing with mine and T's childhood desk

Filthy after playing in the toolbox on Poppa's truck

"Resting" after playing in the shop

4 comments:

The Garners said...

What a great time! Wonderful pictures. Are those your new shoes from Warren's?! Cute!

Flo and Grace said...

I remember Dale...he was always that cool uncle of yours! Didn't he at one time start a BBQ place in Atlanta...or is that just me remembering things?

The Milams said...

Family reunions just can't happen without catfish and hush puppies!!

Kelly said...

Oh catfish and hush puppies - that is my FAVORITE!!!!