June 19-21 Houston, TX
Hotel ZaZa downtown in the Museum District..fun, swanky little hotel
B and I got away for a few days of relaxation. I failed to take one pic, so I'll just give a brief summary. Thursday night we went to dinner with B's boss and his wife, Chris & Kristy, at Soma. ChefRobertGadsby served a tasting menu to us that was out of this world. He's traveled and worked all over the world and was very interesting to talk to. Chris is opening a restaurant in Houston with Robert sometime in October and we can't wait to visit. Friday, B played golf at River Oaks Country Club with Chris and two CEO's that they do business with. George Bush SR has a home on this course. I headed to the spa for a massage and then an afternoon of shopping. That evening we had dinner at the Monarch Restaurant in the hotel. One of the valet guys told me that Brad Pitt had been to the hotel several weeks before we arrived, but that he had to leave b/c the pap. found out!! How cool would that have been to see him? Saturday,we slept in, ordered room service breakfast, and did a little more shopping before heading back home. My dad came up to keep Brooks for us.
June 26-28 Dallas, TX
The Stoneleigh Hotel..another fun/swanky place in Uptown
All dressed up before heading out on the town.
Stacy and I had a really great weekend together. Friday night, we went to dinner at a yummy Mexican restaurant and then to the movies. Saturday, we spent the morning at the spa, had lunch at Cheesecake Factory, and shopped our little hearts out. That night, we had dinner at a great steak place near the hotel. Sunday, we slept in and then had lunch before heading home. It was just the best weekend of pampering and all things girly. Stac, I had so much fun with you and can't wait to do it again soon.
*I would like to ask all of my readers to pray for Stacy and her family. They are really going through some tough times right now and I'd encourage you to please lift them up in prayer. Her dad was diagnosed with cancer in the spring. While we were in Dallas, he had surgery on his colon to remove the cancer. Girls, this was one month ago and he is still there. They all live in Amarillo and it is killing Stacy and her sister that they can't be there with their parents. Stacy's mother in law was also diagnosed with skin cancer about a month ago and has just had surgery to remove it. When it rains, it pours!!



3 comments:
OK...can I come with you on your next spa/shopping/pampering trip?? It's been way too long for me.... : ) Looks like you guys had fun!
I can't wait to do it again! Thanks for the sweet post and prayer request. I love you and are blessed to call you my friend!
Somehow I'd missed this whole post before!?! Is my computer playing tricks on me? Fun to read up on your trips--sounds like great fun (didn't you used to laugh at me for using that phrase, "great fun"?).
Also praying for S and her dad and family. What a difficult time to face. You're a great friend to so many--I know she must treasure your support.
Post a Comment