Last week, Bryan's boss came town and I cooked dinner for him. Tried a couple of new recipes and thought I'd share them with you. They both turned out really great. Most of the time when we have meat for dinner, other than chicken, B grills it. I got this pork tenderloin recipe from Stacy, a dear friend from Amarillo. It was a big hit and I'd suggest you trying it.
Here goes:
1 pork tenderloin
6-8 bacon strips
1/2 C soy sauce
1 T grated onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1T vinegar
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t seasoned salt
1/2 C sugar
Wrap bacon around tenderloin and secure with toothpicks and place in gallon Ziploc bag. Mix remaining ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over pork and marinate for at least 4 hours. Put in a greased Pyrex, cover with foil, and bake 300* for 1 hour then 325* for about 45 minutes. Baste every 30 minutes to help keep it really moist and take the foil off toward the end of baking for bacon to get crisp. Slice and serve...I poured some sauce over the sliced meat as I was serving it. Also, can freeze the leftover juice to marinade chicken, etc later!!
Had to include Paula Deen in this meal too:
Corrie's Kentucky Pie:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_66389,00.html
This recipe makes 2 pies, so I froze one for later. Super yummy with Bluebell Vanilla Bean ice cream!!
Wait. Is Your House an Extrovert?!
2 days ago



2 comments:
Yum--thanks! I ordered tenderloin at Bonefish last night and thought of you. We'll go there for sure when you visit! :)
I make pork tenderloin a lot! When Scott worked at Tyson - we got them for really cheap - now we'll have to buy full price. :-(
I saw Paula make the KY pie recently and it sounded SO good! I may have to make one soon!
Post a Comment