I have a really great/easy recipe for roast. A girl that I taught school with in Amarillo several years ago shared it with me. It was so nice when I was working to put it together in the crock pot that morning and then be ready when we got home from work.
Crock pot roast and veggies:
1 pkt Lipton onion soup mix
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
A rump roast..small enough to fit in your crock pot with the veggies
potatoes-I usually get 2 lg baking pot and cut into chunks
carrots-I put about half a bag of the mini ones
1 onion-quartered..if you don't like onions leave it out.
water-about 1/4 of the soup can- not to much b/c the veggies will also have water in them
Season the roast with garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper, and seasoning salt..rub it into the meat per Paula Deen!! Mix the soup and onion mix together in the crock pot, then add the water. Put the roast in and cover with veggies. Cook on low for 6-8 hrs. It makes a gravy that is fabulous. I'll also make Sister Schubert rolls to dip in the gravy!! Let me know if you try it. Very easy and yummy.
The Backyard Project
1 week ago



5 comments:
Hey, if you send me a picture, I can get my friend to make you a header. She told me she wouldn't mind at all!
Flo
This sounds really good. I love roast, but sometimes feel like mine is a little plain.
OK...roast turned out yummy, but I think I may have put to much water at the beginning. So, wait until it's cooked for a bit to add for a good consistency.
That is how I make my roast too! I may have to make one soon!
YUM! I want some right now!
Post a Comment