Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Belated V-Day Post

My sweet sweet Valentine & "future heartbreaker"
Brooks got a balloon this year and a heart sugar cookie
Both of my Valentine's being silly
Flowers from hubs

I got B a Bible..isn't it beautiful
Chocolate covered strawberries..a yearly tradition since we've been married.
Valentine's is a really special holiday for me b/c B & I went on our first date that day. It was nine years ago in Lubbock, Texas..my how time flies. He brought me a single pink rose and we had dinner at Outback. Fast forward to 2008..we spent a really beautiful evening at home with our little Brooksie bear. Bryan cooks for me every year and we don't change up the menu:
Chopped sirloin with Aujus served over rice, crescent rolls, shrimp and queso, and chocolate covered strawberries for desert. Our little family had a fun day and I hope you did too!!
Bryan decided that he wanted to read the Bible in a year and was using his student one from college. I decided he needed a new one and love the one Brooks and I picked out!!
Also, you might be thinking shrimp and queso..yuck!! BUT, it is so yummy. We buy a pound of cooked shrimp from the seafood dept and make queso (velvetta with rotel). Try it sometime, you'd be surprised how great it is.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

How romantic that your first date was Valentines! And how sweet that he cooks for you every year the same menu! That is such a neat tradition!!! Those strawberries look so good!
And what a great valentines gift - that Bible looks really nice!

The Garners said...

Love all the V-day pics! The strawberries look delicious and such a pretty presentation...did you make them!? And the meal sounds great. I'll have to try that with the shrimp. B's Bible is very neat, too. Our church just published a "read through the Bible journal"...if you're interested I can see if they have more (they gave one to each member). I've been trying really hard to keep up with it. Anyway, glad you and your sweet boys had a great V-tine day. I can't wait to see y'all soon!!!!!

The Milams said...

never heard of the shrimp and queso idea..we are big shrimp fans so we will have to try it.

The Richards said...

Sounds like you 2 (well...3) lovebirds had a happy day! I'm so glad!