Monday, February 4, 2008

Our "little prince" turned 2


Making of the throne..thanks to MK for the idea!!
Hanging of the crown pinata
Prince Brooks' septor(not sure if this is the correct spelling and I'm too sleepy to look it up)
The happy little guy on his big day!!
Our family
Parading through the house
Or is this the swiffer?
Testing out the throne pre-party..I think this will do Mom
Our royal feast..forgot to take another pic with all of the food.

The chocolate fountain was the biggest hit, aren't they the greatest?

I thought the bakery did a great job on his cake

Singin' happy b-day

Blowing out the candle

Mom do you mean I really get to eat a piece..yum!!

To cute not to post

Cowboy Brooks with his buddy Cowboy Duncan



New luggage to take to my grandparents house
I think I'll just sit here and finish opening

I love my new rocking horse from Aunt T and Uncle Dane
O' puppy..Jax wonders if this is for him

Brooks and Duncan waiting for me to open the new tool set
Brooks' 3 grandad's

My family

Bryan's family

Brooks had a very special birthday on Saturday. I really can't believe my baby turned 2, actually it makes me a little sad. Don't you just wish we could freeze them in time? My sister, Tonya, came into town on Wednesday to help me get ready for the party. She was such a big help, and is just the best sis in the whole world. We started cooking on Friday for the royal feast..I'm mad that I didn't snap any pics of that. Our menu:

Mini burers with a tomato basil mayonaise

Beef empandas served with salsa

Artichoke squares

BBQ Beef lil' smokies

Vegetable tray with homeade ranch

Corn dip

I think the royal feast suited our prince just fine. We also made iced crown sugar cookies for party favors with a pic of Brooks tied to the front of the bag..didn't get a pic of that either. Just didn't get everything checked off of that monsterous to-do list.

I feel so blessed to be Brooks' mommy and thank the good Lord above for giving him to us. He is such a joy to spend each day with and is just full of life. Thanks to all of our family for sharing in his special day with us. It was a blast!!

Also, Brooks shares his birthday with a precious baby girl, Alexee. Her mommy, Jamie holds a very special place in my heart. How awesome that two friends gave birth to two precious babies on the same day!! We are so glad that she had a wonderful 1st birthday!!

6 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

You are a great party planner! Everything looks just perfect & beautiful! Enjoy the 2's ...they are fun!

FF
PS. Boog's been called Boog ever since he was a baby...no one really knows why! :)

The Garners said...

H-everything looks SOOO cute! You did a great job on everything. Brooks has changed a lot even since his Christmas picture! He's a doll! I loved the pics of him and Duncan in their hats--cute! I like your boots and shirt, too. The cake did turn out great. What kind was it?

Kelly said...

Your party looks so cute! You and Jamie both are great party planners. All that food sounds SO good and all the decorations are precious! Brooks is so cute!

The Milams said...

The party turned out so cute! I know you must have LOVED being so close to home so that everyone could attend.

Christy Lee said...

You're party looked great. It looks like your Prince had a happy birthday! This is the first time I've seen your blog, so I just thought I would say hi! Feel free to stop by mine anytime.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great party! Kind of like his mom's 30th!