Saturday, February 9, 2008

Can we say klutz??

Happy Weekend Everybody!! We went to my parents house last night so Bryan could help my dad at our farm today. They were burning large piles of brush to get ready for planting new trees. Hubs could not have been any happier doing all things boys, riding four wheelers, watching the fire, spitting, getting dirty, you get my drift. Sooo back on the home front, Baba and Brooksie spent the morning playing and mommy decides she needs to get in a workout on the treadmill. Plug in the ipod..magazine in front of me..ready to get in a good sweat. 20 minutes into the workout, the boys still haven't left yet and are in the backyard getting everything ready, the smart one that I am decides to bend down and look out the window to see what they are doing. Uh ohhh..yes, you guessed it..I loose my balance. If you don't know me or have never seen me, I am 5'10 with really long legs and am very clumsy..have been since I was little. Now, I'm on a treadmill walking at a very fast pace that is on a steep incline..not about to paint a pretty picture. I try to stand back up, but that doesn't work. So as I am falling in slow motion, I'm thinking don't break a leg..oh my goodness you might break a leg..fall so that you don't break a leg. Luckily, I turned a little so that I didn't fall face first but instead on my back. Half of my body was on the floor and half on the machine which then threw the rest of me onto the floor. It makes a loud thud and Brooks and my mom come running in to check on me. Brooks looks at me on the floor and says, "Uh Ohh Mommy"...priceless. Would you like to know what song was playing on my ipod? Justin Timberlake, Sexy back..I guarantee there was nothing sexy about this sweaty girl laying on her back!! Can you imagine if I had been at the gym working out, I'm laughing at the thought of that. I am a trooper and was determined to finish my workout bloody with bruises and all. Do you do stupid things, love to laugh at yourself, please tell me I'm not the only mommy who "falls off of the treadmill"..I'd love to hear your stories!! Moral of this story, don't bend down to look out the window while exercising on the treadmill...it's DANGEROUS!!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh gosh yes - that would happen to me. But ONLY at a crowded gym. I have fallen too many times to count in front of large audiences. Once I tripped coming down the stage when I was a bridesmaid in college. Still haven't recovered from that.
I'm glad you are okay and can laugh about it!

The Garners said...

This gave me a good laugh (glad you're okay of course!). I've fallen so many times...let me think: in Hobby Lobby parking lot when Christmas shopping--tore my black pants, in the garage in slippery flip-flops last summer--huge bruise on my arm, I ran into a glass door (it was REALLY clean) at Bunko a long time ago, I fell at the bowling alley at R's party last year, the list goes on and on. I've never fallen off the tread mill, but I've stumped my toe on it numerous times at the gym and tripped and I know the people in the row behind me wonder if I'm drunk! I always hope they're too busy watching the tv to notice me being clumsy.

Flo and Grace said...

Does constantly tripping over my overhead cord in my classroom in front of 18 crazy kids count? Glad you didn't hurt anything!! : )All in the name of excercise!

The Milams said...

I am laughing out loud. Every time I am on the treadmill I have visions of myself flying off infront of everyone at the gym. I saw it happen one time at a very crowded gym in Dallas and I will never forget that poor girls' embarrassment.

I have had too many klutzy times to mention!

The Milams said...

BTW, Jamie was nice not to mention that I TOTALLY busted in her slippery garage soon after she did. It was quite a painful fall for both of us!

The Richards said...

OMGoodness! You didn't tell me about this!?!?
Okay, my most embarrassing fall....my soph yr in college during an A&P lab I fell out of my chair - in a skirt - in front of several of joey's teammates (and Joey)- we had just started dating and I just knew he would never call me or take me out again!