Thursday, June 26, 2008

Blissfully Beachy Part 2

The fam at the beach


Swinging that sweet boy

Are we finished taking beach pics yet?


Please mommy, if I give you a kiss will you let me down?


I'm thinkin' about running into that big, blue ocean...

I'm thinkin' a little harder...

Dad & I are now soaked!!

The guys went on a guided, deep sea fishing trip.

We didn't get very many pics, b/c B's camera ran out of battery right after they set sail.


We met the guys at a restaurant that will cook the fish you caught and serve it with lots of yummy sides!!


Shrimp boil for dinner one night...yum o'!!

Group photo before we dug in


We had such a fun week at the beach with the Garner & Kelton families. I must say that traveling with little ones is more of a fun trip than relaxing vacation. The majority of our time was spent playing at the beach during the day. We went to dinner a few nights and had fabulous seafood. The boys had a day of fishing and the girls went to lunch and a movie..Made of Honor with Patrick Dempsey. Brooks had so much fun on his first trip to the beach and really loved playing with Rhett & Duncan.


Holly and I have been friends since we were born practically. Jamie and I met our first semester of college at Ouachita and have maintained a close friendship despite the distance between us. I'm just so thankful that they are a big part of my life and treasure the time spent with them and families.




Not sure why I decided this would be the best wardrobe choice for our beach pics..short dress, windy beach, and a two year old don't work well together!!

7 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

Good fun! Did you guys do the shrimp boil all by yourself?It looks yummy and I don't even like shrimp!....or any seafood for that matter!

The Garners said...

Now that I'm rested up, I wish we could go back to the beach! (that's a little reversed, I know!) What a fun time though. When I looked at the guys' pic on the boat, I laughed as I thought about how much OxyClean we used on those nasty, fish-smelling clothes!

The Garners said...

P.S. I like your new title & quote at the top of your blog page!

SuperMom said...

Cute beach photos....I cannot handle the snake stories, Heather. Snakes are my biggest fear!

The Keltons said...

I can't believe this was over a month ago. So much fun!!

Kelly said...

I love the beach pictures! I think you look pretty in your white dress!
And that shrimp boil looks so fun! I want to have one at our house this summer!

Anonymous said...

What special memories and you got some good pics to remember them by!