Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter In San Antonio

Last Wednesday, Mom, my aunt Nella, Brooks, and I left for San Antonio to spend a few days and celebrate Easter with Tonya(my sister) and Dane. Wednesday was also Dane's birthday, so we celebrated that night at his mom's house. She served chicken picatta and several yummy sides. Thursday was Tonya's birthday..we started off the day with a little shopping and lunch at their fav pizza joint, Florio's. That night, we had a celebration dinner at their house: burgers, hashbrown casserole, and baked beans. Friday, Bryan and my dad flew in and we met them for lunch at Soluna..a great Mexican restaurant. My friend Jamie and her husband Lane were also vacationing in SA that week, and they met us for lunch at Soluna. Seems like all we did on this trip was eat!! On Saturday, the guys golfed and the girls did a little retail therapy. Anthropologie is my most favorite store in the world and they have some really cute stuff for spring that I just had to check out. After a fun day, we had dinner at another yummy Italian restaurant.
Sunday morning we attended a beautiful service at my sister's church. Then went back to her house for a quick egg hunt and yummy lunch. We had ham, green bean casserole, green rice (broccoli and rice casserole)my family has called it this for year's, spinach salad, and rolls. Then got on the road for our 5 1/2 drive home.
*There were no family pics of us on Easter b/c Brooks had an upset tummy while in the nursery at church and dirtied his britches. Yes, I'm sure it was a funny sight to see me walking out of the church with my 2 year old in his diaper with his pants rolled up in my hands. As Jamie said tonight during our weekly conversation, "the most random things happen to you H!!!"
Thanks for a great weekend T & D, you are the best.




Birthday boy and girl
Dane's b-day dinner at his mom's
Fav lil' pizza joint
"Aunt T"
My mouth is watering
My 1st child, Jaxon..the squirrels in T's backyard drove him insane. I'm sure their neighbors were ready for us to go home.
Trying a lime for the first time
He liked it
Jamie and I
The fam

Another dinner..I think I gained 20pds
Look Mom, I'm a pro at this

"What's inside? Marshmallows..my favorite!!"

"Dad, this is way to easy."

Finishing up the hunt

3 comments:

The Garners said...

Oh, I'm sorry about Brooks' pants at church. :( So sad..again with the "random things" though!? Alexee had to go to the salon with me once wearing no pants because she had a diaper blow-out in the store before we went in for Rhett's haircut. You'd think I could carry a spare outfit--nope, didn't think of that. There she was in the salon wearing Rhett's huge t-shirt (from his school backpack) and no pants.

Cute pictures from your Easter trip though...I'm so glad it worked out for us to meet for lunch--that was so fun! And delicious food!

Kelly said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend and lots of good food! I love that blue dress you are wearing! I'm glad you got to see Jamie - how fun!

Flo and Grace said...

Looks like you guys had fun in SA....so what does Tonya do for a living these days?